Saturday, October 8, 2011

Happy To Be Home!




Well, I finally made the decision to move my blog back to its original home here at Blogspot. I loved the professional look and some other features of WordPress, but Blogspot is a good place for a writer. I can do everything I want in terms of the creative design (layout, cute widgets, monetizing!) for free.

I know that it doesn’t matter much to most people. I’m well aware that “more people have read this t-shirt than your blog” but I’m grateful to those who’ve taken the time to read and comment on my blog posts. 

I’m slowly building a public platform. I’m a member of She Writes since August of this year. I’ve been working on a fantasy novel lately and trying my hand at poetry. In everyday life I’m a busy mom and a wife, studying hard to become a teacher. In my heart though, I’m a creative person and a writer. It has taken me to the age of forty to be able to say those words to other people:

I am a writer.

More than that, I believe, as Julia Cameron says, that “everyone has the right to write” and that “writing rights things”. It helps us construct and create the meaning of our own lives. Through writing we articulate who we are, what we value most deeply and the spiritual legacy we want to leave for our children. Through writing we become more fully ourselves … and I’m all in for that!

Welcome to my continually evolving blog as I continue my writing, creating, healing, teaching, learning, loving journey!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Anna ! I'm so glad that you're following my WordPress blog "Thus Spake the Hermudgeon," http://cwc6161.wordpress.com/ ... but even happier that we're both on SheWrites! Your blog is lovely and I shall enjoy reading some of your older posts. I've already devoured this one and several other recent posts :) You're right that we seem to be sharing a journey. In fact, a cousin is, himself, a Lyme-disease sufferer since 2001. Two of his sisters, both of whom are nurses, recognized the symptoms long before the doctors and the medical establishment did! Another parallel rail we share is Blogspot. I recently peeled away my poetry from WordPress to start a poetry-only blog here on Blogspot :) I really am enjoying its ease of use, although I have a lot left to learn! Best wishes on your return "Home" and on a fruitful continuation of your blog and of your healing journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna,
    I appreciate your positive and inspiring words... they make me want to write more... let go of inhibitions and just write!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!