Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Calm Place at the Center

I joined the Mom Blogs Website about a week ago and I found a link on one blog to 'The Simple Woman's Daybook'. The Daybook is really a list of prompts such as "I am thinking ..." and "I am thankful for ...". The Daybook is posted each Monday and Bloggers can participate simply by linking their blog to the main Daybook page.
I looked through the blogroll and it seemed that most of the participants are Christian moms who homeschool. It got me thinking if I 'qualify' to take part. I don't have the luxury of staying at home. I work in the public school system. I'm not crafty ... I just like to think I could be if only I had time! I'd rather be writing than cooking. My sense of spirituality is in flux right now, torn between my desire to believe and my agnosticism. In my heart though, I love the simple life. I do my best to maintain the home-centered values that I grew up with in a small town on the east coast of Scotland. I seek to give the best of myself to my family and to the children I teach every day. My life isn't simple on the outside. There's a calm place at the center though, where it counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!